Phenomix Potting stations for automated high throughput plant phenotyping
At the start of the experiment, selected plants are moved in the system and identified.
During this phase, the combination of pallet and plant initializes the life cycle of every plant entering the the experiment.
- A typical potting station is composed of:
- A stopper to import the pallet in the transfer that will carry the plant
- An RFID reader (electronic tag reader) for the system to automatically detect every imported pallet
- A barcode reader and/or a keypad or touchscreen to select or input the plant ID associated to the pallet
- A push-button to release the plant when the operation is completed and allow the system to bring the plant to its original position in the appropriate greenhouse